• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Wecheco 15

Blue Wall

Just wondering what your thoughts are about a machine like this. They are asking $3200.

Attachments

• Lathe1.jpg
    Lathe1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Lathe2.jpg
    Lathe2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 26
  • lathe3.jpg
    lathe3.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 24

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
From pictures only, it looks good, and for a good price. It would depend on the shape of the gearing and a very close inspection of the ways.

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
I was tempted to go look at that one -- until I saw that the motor is mounted on the back side - which would space it out from the wall by a foot or more - not so great for me because I'm in a small space - but for someone with more space it might be OK or even great.

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Lathes.Co.UK is a great resource - not sure if that ones there but if it is he provides lots of information.

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Yes, spindle nose type is something to seriously consider. I prefer a "D" style camlock because I change chucks fairly often (they're relatively easy to change). I would shy away from a screw on type.