• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Wanted: Excello 602 R8 spindle shaft

chishgre

Hello, I work with a robotics team in Oakville, Ontario, and we've got an excello 602 with an R8 spindle. The spindle nose is cracked in 3 places, and before I try welding it, I figured I'd see if anyone has a replacement.

We just need the actual spindle taper with the 10x spline on the other end, but I'd consider buying the whole spindle cartridge if that's what's available.

Please let me know! All reasonable offers will be considered.

If the above doesn't work out, you might try [email protected] via email. (Phone 905 882 6317). I spoke to him on the phone a couple years ago, and while he has downsized his sales of used machinery, he did say he had a contact with an elderly gent who was an excellent source for Excello parts. It's probably worth a shot.

I've made shafts for smaller spindles. Its a lot of work, but I think I'd do that before welding it thinking it will move; its a part the needs a lot of precision to stop bearings from binding. The other option is wait for a beater to come up, pull the spindle etc. Likely would need new bearings, but that may be the case anyway. Thought being the entire machine might be a disaster, but the spindle shaft should be fine and with new bearings everything would be as good as new.

I know with a team money is tight and I guess my ideas are not quick or cheap, but its a bit of a catastrophic thing to overcome.

You might get lucky with the part in the classifieds ..... have you tried this guy?

Also check out H&W Machine Repair in the US. They ship to Canada. They specialize in BP's, but might have XLO parts too.

Back