Walmart ER32 collet block

Proxule

Ultra Member
Just got my 22$ er40 hex block from amazon,
It took me 60 seconds to test it and got .015 variation from my reference side to my worst side.
Dont bother - waste of time.

ymmv gluck

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You mean the ER hole / holding axis is 'out' relative to the hex faces? Well that sucks.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I’ve never tested my non Walmart collet blocks. I probably should but I’ve never used them where much precision was required. Even your 0.015, although disappointing, is adequate for putting a hex or square head on a bolt.

Tom O

Ultra Member
It all depends on what you have at your disposal it can take a long time to gather tools / equipment to finish a project and a lot of times we use Princess Auto as far as the collet block for $22/26 bucks your not going to shake hands with NASA or Elon. One thing to consider is what collets are you using have you tried different ones?

Proxule

Ultra Member
It all depends on what you have at your disposal it can take a long time to gather tools / equipment to finish a project and a lot of times we use Princess Auto as far as the collet block for $22/26 bucks your not going to shake hands with NASA or Elon. One thing to consider is what collets are you using have you tried different ones?
For the same cost you ca get 12L hex stock from metal rip off market and make your own collet block, that has a better tolerance / learning project.

\Maybe?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I’m resurrecting this old thread. Where to buy a hex er32 colllet block. Accusize has one for $80ish. There are many on Amazon and Ali for half that. Many comments on Amazon indicate the usual QC issues. The accusize model has fewer but generally positive remarks. Has anyone bought one that is good? Where?

A while back I made an er32 square block. I could do a hex one but time is a problem. I would probably just buy one if I can identify a decent one. Anyone want to make one or two - one for me and yourself? I’ll supply steel and cash.

Last edited: