• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Vise stand

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
9B292567-FD0C-47F2-8910-6F8707F8F072.jpeg
Been working on this for awhile. Started gathering bits n pieces back in the spring. A friend of mine built a stand for his bench grinder many many many moons ago, so that was the design I based mine off of.

Chicken lights

Originally the plan was to take the top plate somewhere to get the outer perimeter bent down 3/4” and welded for strength.
Nobody around me has a brake big enough to do that job cheaply, so, I bought 3/4”x3/4” angle iron and boxed in the bottom a different way.

Chicken lights

It’s a long standing debate if that should be bolted to the floor or not. I see both sides to the argument.

I’m going to try it bolted to the brake drum. If I don’t like it I can still bolt it to the floor later

Chicken lights

C0666BC1-EE38-4167-8AC9-A7C221A1C394.jpeg 3D58C964-D29D-4DCB-B254-C40DC87622F7.jpeg
I drilled the plates so the centre pipe could get welded on both sides. This should never break a weld now
E3A9E2D4-DE31-45E5-B224-C27FC74EB285.jpeg
Got everything bolted together today.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
So do you want it bolted down? I put my metal bender in a vise and the table is fixed to the wall. The bender would not work unfixed...

Is that a concrete base?

Chicken lights

So do you want it bolted down? I put my metal bender in a vise and the table is fixed to the wall. The bender would not work unfixed...

Is that a concrete base?
The base is a brake drum

I probably want it bolted down....but then it can’t be moved...so that’s the debate.

What do you have for a bender?