Vevor 7 x 12 Lathes Ship from Richmond, BC

chip4charlie

Disclaimer: I do not work for Vevor, nor gain any financial benefit from writing this, nor is it a blanket recommendation. Just some food for thought.

I recently bought a "Vevor" brand 7x12 lathe on Amazon for $648 with free shipping. Seeing that Busy Bee and KMS both sell a 7x12 for $1099, it was a great deal. (I saw it later for as low as $575, currently $849. Be aware that Amazon's algorithms can change prices if it senses you have interest in a product).

When it arrived, the return address is River Road in Richmond, BC. It seems Vevor has a warehouse there. In fact, according to Vevor.ca, they have 8 US warehouses, 2 in Canada (one in Alberta?), 4 in Australia, and 3 in Europe.

Looking at Vevor.ca, they are selling (and now stocking) many other $500 - $2,000 products, including ice makers for restaurants.

In a nutshell, the Chinese are moving up the ladder to the next phase: selling direct to consumers, but now with local inventory and support.

So, for anyone who doesn't want to deal with Aliexpress or Banggood, this could be an interesting alternative.

BTW, I'm quite happy with the lathe. The gibs are decent; after adjusting, there's very little play. Tailstock has a quick release handle. It seems quality has gone up.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I got a power feed from Vevor. It was a good experience and it also shipped out of Richmond.

deleted_user

Super User
Disclaimer: I do not work for Vevor, nor gain any financial benefit from writing this, nor is it a blanket recommendation. Just some food for thought.

I recently bought a "Vevor" brand 7x12 lathe on Amazon for $648 with free shipping. Seeing that Busy Bee and KMS both sell a 7x12 for $1099, it was a great deal. (I saw it later for as low as $575, currently $849. Be aware that Amazon's algorithms can change prices if it senses you have interest in a product).

When it arrived, the return address is River Road in Richmond, BC. It seems Vevor has a warehouse there. In fact, according to Vevor.ca, they have 8 US warehouses, 2 in Canada (one in Alberta?), 4 in Australia, and 3 in Europe.

Looking at Vevor.ca, they are selling (and now stocking) many other $500 - $2,000 products, including ice makers for restaurants.

In a nutshell, the Chinese are moving up the ladder to the next phase: selling direct to consumers, but now with local inventory and support.

So, for anyone who doesn't want to deal with Aliexpress or Banggood, this could be an interesting alternative.

BTW, I'm quite happy with the lathe. The gibs are decent; after adjusting, there's very little play. Tailstock has a quick release handle. It seems quality has gone up.

Many growing Chinese firms are now selling direct and shipping out of fulfilment warehouses in Richmond. They often pretend to own their own facility but do not. They can appear larger and dont hesitate to ship right across the continent from BC. That's the route my 3D printer came.

I'm not complaining either, why buy thru Bezos when you can buy direct and save a few bucks. They chinese are now the only source of so many good.

I have a list of Vevor goods I want, but most are out of stock

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member

Skip Amazon and buy directly from Vovor.ca - saves you amazon fees == which is about 12% or so cheaper. So for a lathe about $100 saved.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Unrelated to the lathe but still vevor, has anyone picked one of their arbour presses?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Unrelated to the lathe but still vevor, has anyone picked one of their arbour presses?
Not me, I've got the non ratcheting version from another retailer, but I think that Vevor price is good, I think my non ratcheting version costs about that now.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Not me, I've got the non ratcheting version from another retailer, but I think that Vevor price is good, I think my non ratcheting version costs about that now.
Now if I bought that the next thing I'd be looking for is a set of broaches :p

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
There was a post recently by a member (in the premium members only general thread) having dispute issues with Vevor. Maybe having Amazon in the middle is a good thing? I didn't have a dispute with my Vevor purchase so I can't comment....

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
There was a post recently by a member (in the premium members only general thread) having dispute issues with Vevor. Maybe having Amazon in the middle is a good thing? I didn't have a dispute with my Vevor purchase so I can't comment....
I had issues with the power feed from Vevor. They were decent enough to deal with.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I thought it had come up in a discussion, prices are good I thought, one day I won't have access to one so I have been looking as well. I am looking at their milling vises as well
and originally I was looking at their selection of ultrasonic cleaners,

Hacker

Super User
I thought it had come up in a discussion, prices are good I thought, one day I won't have access to one so I have been looking as well. I am looking at their milling vises as well
and originally I was looking at their selection of ultrasonic cleaners,
Thanks for the info, I just put an order in for the 15L ultrasonic cleaner. I have been wanting one of these for awhile.