• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Variable Speed Drillpress

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I was looking for a sewing machine motor to use on a unimat lathe. I finally found this little gem on Facebook marketplace.

It’s a home built drillpress and is variable speed. There are a couple of interesting details. First the spindle pulley is made out of wood. The table is raised on a track and the rollers look to be old sewing thread spools.
91883369-0C20-4D46-B288-DAFD817E7F6E.jpeg EF13846D-E467-4974-B1EC-5F63EB34BC58.jpeg E5592D68-738B-4A48-8FAB-AB3CA1E8515B.jpeg
It’s only a 90 watt motor so wouldn’t have been much of a drill, but it’s kind of cool.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Ingenuity the mother of all inventions. Neat stuff.

Bill

Last edited:

Johnwa

Ultra Member
It has a foot peddle like a sewing machine, you can see it at the bottom of the first picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Looks like something out of that 1980's TV Show - The Woodwright's Shop. Beautiful.