• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Vancouver Island Meet-up Saturday Oct 12th 2:00pm to 3:30pm - All Welcome!

SkookumRob

Vendor
Premium Member
Vancouver Island Meet-up
Saturday Oct 12th 3:00pm to 4:30pm 2:00pm, to 3:30pm

#136-2770 Leigh Road
Langford, BC
V9B 4G1

Keurig Coffee by donation

Please RSVP to [email protected] so we know how many participants to prepare for!

For those who last time took home copies of the "Projects in Metal", if you're done with the issue please bring it to the meeting so others can have a read!

Show & Tell = All about Work Holding
Come prepared to share your "creative" solutions for workholding, either by picture or by show & tell!

SkookumRob = deep dive into abrasive materials and backings of sanding belt materials

Last edited:
Vancouver Island Meet-up
Saturday Oct 12th 3:00pm to 4:30pm

#136-2770 Leigh Road
Langford, BC
V9B 4G1

Keurig Coffee by donation

Please RSVP to [email protected] so we know how many participants to prepare for!

For those who last time took home copies of the "Projects in Metal", if you're done with the issue please bring it to the meeting so others can have a read!

Show & Tell = All about Work Holding
Come prepared to share your "creative" solutions for workholding, either by picture or by show & tell!

SkookumRob = deep dive into abrasive materials and backings of sanding belt materials
I'll be there.

*MEETING TIME CHANGE*

I need to move the meeting up 1 hour to 2:00 - 3:30

Sorry for the late notice!

Looking forward to the Meet-up on Saturday (2:00 start!)

For those that have not been here yet, here are some pics to get you oriented. We have a 2nd business running from this location as well (a game store) that is fairly active on Saturdays so we will be meeting in the upstairs meeting room!

We have just 2 assigned parking spots (Marked #136) but there is plenty of parking at the end of the building and on the street. Please do not park in the other marked spots!

Entrance:
20241010_160837.jpg

Downstairs Game Store + Skookum Warehouse
20241010_160940.jpg

Stairs to the Meeting Room
20241010_160908.jpg

Our Meeting Setup!
20241010_160801.jpg

I was great to see some old friends and meet some new! Next time we should take in some more BS time and have a meal together somewhere. If I'm going to drive 7 hours, I want my money's worth!

DavidR8 and Dabbler and I were talking lathes, we all have the same, but different. I took a look this evening when I got home, and mine is from 1993. It has a serial number, and this is what the "control panel" on the headstock looks like:

tempImageqSMW66.png

Panic off switch, knob for forward and reverse on the feed rather than a lever (upper left) but no forward or reverse on the motor.

Thanks Rob for hosting us!

It was good to see and chat with everyone. Rob's talk on abrasive belts provided a lot of good info, thanks Rob.

Rob did have info on the EM holders and I asked him to post the info including the costs for all to see, there is minimums on the order so if there is enough interest he will order them.

If I'm going to drive 7 hours, I want my money's worth!
I would have thought just seeing us would have been enough for you, you're so needy. LOL:D:D

An afternoon of BS and BBQ would be a good idea though, we just need to coerce someone into hosting.

I was great to see some old friends and meet some new! Next time we should take in some more BS time and have a meal together somewhere. If I'm going to drive 7 hours, I want my money's worth!
I'd be totally down for dinner next time!

Back