• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

V-Block Drill Guides

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I just love these V-Block Drilling guides from BigGator Tools. They come in two sizes, up to 1/2 inch. Super handy for fabricators. You use them for drilling holes in round stock such as tubing...especially if you are going to tap them. This project is the receiver for the top of my shop hoist that attaches to the ceiling. The post fits in it and is tightened down with four 1/2" bolts. The base is welded to a steel plate with gussets and bolted to the floor.

I learned the hard way to always mark the hole you are using with a red marker. Otherwise, with all the shavings and fluid, you can loose track and after cleaning things out, start re-drilling in the wrong hole (obviously one size up). Then I learned the hard way to erase the red marker when you are done so next time this doesn't mess you up either.

1589146919055.png

1589145440120.png

1589146115045.png
1589146865655.png

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've seen those advertised but was unsure how well they worked. Good to know that they do in fact work. I'll keep an eye out for a bargain on them someday.