• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Up coming auction.

Guy Letard writes a story about an eccentric in New Jersey I think it was, that had a very large warehouse full of "still crated brand new" machines that was discovered when he died

Lots of beautiful stuff, too much in the sense that having six or more of everything means you can't use most of it .... but we all have our particularities so if he was having fun, what does it matter? There is a chance to pick of some rare stuff, but I wouldn't expect any deals.

I've known a few guys in RC like this over the years. At some point they went down the path of 'inventory' to 'collectors items' to 'inventory of collectors items' to 'I can't stop, the stuff finds ME'... Beneath it all they might discover a chromosome configuration or psychological driver. Hoarding is kind of an ugly word, but I guess if there is no reasonable expectation for its use within 5 lifetimes, the labels come out. The guys I knew were definitely quirky in that regard, but they never bragged or flaunted. Some used the stuff & others did not. Coins or stamps are even less 'useful' if we want to point fingers haha. Now if he timed it right & started strategically selling 2 years before his untimely death, or strategically donated proceeds or items, he would be called a financial wizard or community philanthropist with his name on a plaque somewhere. Its all in the packaging, haha.

In one of his previous videos Josh Topper said the owner had undergone chemotherapy for some sort of cancer. Before that the shop was useful and under control, after the chemo is when the "hoarding" began. He eluded to some altering of his brain chemistry, who knows, maybe he saw the end coming and just wanted to have the all the stuff he admired while he was still alive. I can't imagine the time, effort and cost to acquire all that stuff.

Back