• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

TouchDRO Scratch Build

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
So I replaced a video driver chip on my Bausch and Lomb old school DRO but one axis still doesn’t work. After hearing good things about Touch DRO I’m exploring that route.

I’m reasonably competent at electronics. And looked at the kit form. Heard they used to be about $40-50. Now they list at $177!

So I’m looking at scratch built. Anyone by any chance have a circuit board design for the glass scales version based on the MSP430G2XX3 architecture? Just thought I would ask before I either breadboard it or design and print my own board.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yes, but my understanding is that this is the “brain” of the controller, but you need to add:

IMG_1444.png

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I started looking at Yuri’s stuff ten years ago. As far as I know, all you need with the TI Launchpad is very simple level shifters.

Internet issue: There is so much information it is hard to find the relevant information at times. I looked at dozens of pages in Yuri's blog/website but never ran across this page.

Thank you for finding this! It gets me the information I need all in one convenient package. Moves things back to a level I feel comfortable functioning at.