Tormach 1100MX Interest

Phaneron

Scott
Hello All;

I'm looking to gauge how interested forum members would be in purchasing my 2020 Tormach 1100MX with all the BT30 tooling, which is pictured below.

The reason I want to sell this machine is because I will be upgrading to a different mill in the future. I like this machine, and really wish I could keep it since it is so easy to keep in a residential garage, but the reality is this machine is too slow for my needs. As far as price I will be asking ~20% off new sticker price. I don't want to list the price on this thread yet to save a few heart attacks, but if you are interested please PM me and we can talk details.

A little more information on the machine;
  1. I was the first and only owner operator of the machine
  2. I cut 99% aluminum, the other 1% was low carbon steels
  3. The machine was run frequently, but never 24/7. I still have a day job, so cutting time is precious.
  4. The mill has since been upgraded to be flood coolant capable.
  5. Mill is located in SE Calgary.
If you are interested in the mill it will be available to purchase mid to late August, which I understand is a ways off, but I still need to use the mill between now and then.

DSC_2929_small.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Not sure this group but less then a year ago I saw 1100 that was like 7 years old go on auction close to new price & it was used a lot as an engraver in a production shop. It had a regular power tool engraver attached to its work head with which it did all its work, not its actual spindle.

Thus chances are you will have no issues reselling this.