Toolbox treasures.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Since bringing my big box home from work a while back, I've been slowly going through it, and amalgamating all the stuff in my shop from multiple locations. I've come across a few jigs, fixtures and tools that I'd long forgotten about. Made with love and care, and then never used again lol.

This is a indexing fixture I made a long time ago to make an "in gage" ring for my better half. The round part is clamped in the jaws, and the flats are clocked with a square. Due to the different spacing required the indexing angles varied as I went around milling the holes, and engraving the text.
l59n2ol.jpg
MPBijyH.jpg
oUqEMuS.jpg
1zfHTM5.jpg

As you can see, the ring is still in great shape, and the Wife loves it :D. Made from some unknown stainless offcut, and she wears it and treats it like it's a 50k diamond ring lol.
20240219_111347.jpg

I did make another ring blank as you can see it on the fixture still, but never did make another ring. Far more special being the only one in existence. If you're wondering what it's for, it's for checking gauge size on knitting needles. Each hole is a different size. Somewhere I probably still have the cad file/programs.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has such treasures in their toolbox, lets see them!

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
Nice Dan . I just brought all my boxes home from work also . No pics as I can't get to the boxes . 48 years adds up .

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
This is another one. A small little height gauge made for scribing/layout, with height settable from gauge blocks. One of the first machining projects I ever made, and I've barely ever used it, certainly not in over a decade. Seemed like
a good idea at the time lol.
WtTlS4Q.jpg ydiLziv.jpg MUa2deB.jpg

I'm sure there a few more as I dig deeper. Let's see yours?

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Nice Dan . I just brought all my boxes home from work also . No pics as I can't get to the boxes . 48 years adds up .
Thanks. 48 years is a good run. Enjoying retirement now I hope? I'm not even halfway to that yet, but if I make it that long in this trade it'll be a miracle lol.

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
Bedroom trinkets . Just starting to unload one of the Vidmars . 3 more Vidmars , 4 42" roll arounds , 2 full Kennedy sets and multiple other boxes to go . :eek: I'll be busy for quite some time .

Attachments

• IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0932.JPG
    IMG_0932.JPG