• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Tongue and Groove American Standard Reversible Jaws for 6"3-jaw chuck - HOT ebay price

Jimbojones

If you've got a 6" 3-jaw lathe chuck that uses reversible (bolt-on) jaws that fit the Am. Std spec (.313x.5 T&G), there is a fellow on eBay selling new/unused Bison ones for about 1/3 of Canadian list price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unused-set...093157?hash=item2aa7dfdf25:g:PYIAAOSwq5lTm0B4

Getting some for my Pratt chuck and he's willing to deal on multiple sets. You're welcome to reach out to him directly if you're interested in a single set OR if you want multiples, let me know and we'll get a better bulk price.

fwiw - I got quotes for $450-600CAD so its a hard to beat price.

Jimbojones

Yeah...$450CAD delivered as a starting price was too rich for my blood. KBC came back with $600 but I've long since expected them to price themselves out of the market.

I'm grabbing 2 sets of these jaws as I doubt I'll ever see a price on these this low again.

Jimbojones

I bought a used set-tru chuck and although the overall chuck is in good shape, I couldn't get it trued. Took out the jaws and noticed 1 jaw was notably worn more than the others and to the point that the lower jaws extended further than it did e.g. no sense in trying to regrind it. I bought the chuck from a used tooling seller online and I'm guessing someone swapped that 1 jaw with another chuck at some time. They apologized for the mishap and gave me a decent refund...then the hunt for new jaws started and WAA-LAA!

New jaw set will fix that problem and of course, if I mung them, I've got another set handy. Soft jaws could also be handy but would only buy them if I had a specific need and in the form closest to that need e.g. flat/concave/convex/pie....