• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tilt box

Johnwa

Ultra Member
My daughter gave me this for xmas. It came from leevalley. I don’t know how accurate it is but it’s precise enough to detect 2 sheets of paper under 1 side.
01DD9CA3-D661-4F37-AABA-C4E11C1F2735.jpeg

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The gizmos can actually be accurate if you happen to get a decent one. Where some of them lack is the box/shell. If its metal, put a knife edge rule on it in a few places & do the daylight test. It might not even hurt to dress it (if its metal) & this will help a lot with repeat-ability. But to do a quick check, just stick in on & off your mill vise or a 123 block at some random angle & it will give you a feel fro how much you can trust it. They are pretty handy actually. Some have a magnet & you can stick it to a parallel which gives you more contact area options.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
My first one (way back when they were first available) was terrible - no repeatability.

--My current one is very precise, to about 1/10 of a degree. This is good enough for leveling a lathe if you don't have a machinist's level.

I use mine when welding angles, I find it great for repeatability, but I’m not building airplanes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk