• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tig EZ DABBER free offer from the US

Tom O

Ultra Member
Here is a novel idea for wire feeding although it goes against wearing rings safety but tigging removes 95% of that threat.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
TIG is my favourite process, although I am not very good at it unless it is on 1/8" steel and horizontal. I always admire people who can make it look easy. If this helps people, then it's a good thing. I've seen some of the automatic wire feed TIG videos for industry and those look nice as well. My gut tells me as processes get smarter, TIG, like OA, may become a thing of the past. There are some computer controlled MIG machines now that self adjust/correct within microseconds for voltage, stick-out and can even sense travel speed. Who knows, but at some point they may even bend the wire direction to correct for shaky hands.

I remember seeing my first gimbal mounted camera and being amazed at how it worked. Imagine if that technology were integrated into welding.

Tom O

Ultra Member
My wirefeeding definitely needs work on the other hand We would spill less beer with a gimbal setup!
there should be something like that for Parkinson's a gyro or something.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I have one of these but haven’t had any time to use it.
Very clever idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk