• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

ThreadExpress

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Well, set aside that he has a cool invention that (IMHO) will have a difficult time marketing for manual mils because thread milling is routine on any CNC present in even small job shops. But I wonder what's inside the box that allows the pitch to be 'infinitely but precisely set'. Now is it a fiddly set thing, or some kind of more direct indexable setting thing? He doesn't elaborate because that would obviously spill the beans of the invention. Whatever it is, pretty trick engineering. I always had this fantasy of threading on a lathe with a tool post mounted motor. You can see the results of his, essentially a HSS fly cutter. But as he indicates, the corresponding thread helix angle also needs to be preset for cutter clearance compensation.

This is the play list. I suggest start at the last one & work backwards, its kind of repetitive. BTW his channel has some useful information on dressing & correcting cheapo Chinese TCG wheels which is how I stumbled on his channel. And he manufactures his own brand of indicator probes? Enjoy

But I wonder what's inside the box that allows the pitch to be 'infinitely but precisely set'.

Its probably a regular leadscrew/nut that moves a lever. The lever would have a slot that allows the ratio to be variable to set the required thread pitch. The variable lever would then move the slide that raises/lowers the chuck.

Back