• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

This little lathe looks like a good deal!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
No, fortunately I’ve sold my truck so I now i avoid such things.

I walk around like I’m OK but......

deep down inside I wanna buy more tools

You have better machines to play with. What was so temping about such a small lathe?

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I’ve realized that I need to downsize but that would be about as small as I’d want to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
You have better machines to play with. What was so temping about such a small lathe?

There comes a point when you suddenly realize that ............. you can have more than one of everything !

Downsizing johnwa? Say is ain’t so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Sometimes you can downsize - for example my 16 x 75 is too long and I rather have a short bed lathe in better condition or one with more beefy bed - 16 x 40 would be much nicer. Heck even 14 x 40 that was "heavy duty" should be OK as long as spindle was still D1-6.

Or get another lathe that is smaller - hassle of moving large machine is a LOT of work. Trying to sell it, move another one in... HD 10x20 I got as a supplement is great - it is accurate and very nice for small parts. Besides with two lathes now one can tackle fixing one while the other still makes parts.

Also one can do things better then the other. I have to figure out how to tighten the cross slide on the little one as with loose cross slide I cannot do parting on it.