• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

There are some flaws in the production process of the quick change of the knife holder is presented to the altar friends in need! (postage at your own

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
Recently, I tried to make some 125 model tool holders, which caused data errors and some minor defects due to abnormal operation of the machine tool.
The model of the tool bar is 16mm+8mm, which is also because the wrong gap is cut. (If you don't need it, I can keep it for myself because it's universal)
It does not affect the use at all, because my lathe uses 99.70mmV slot pitch, so I am ready to give it to a friend who can use it in the forum.
However, you need to pay for the shipping cost, which is about $65.00 CAD.
The net weight is about 2.8kg, and the weight after packaging is about 3.0-3.2kg
The model of the tool bar is 16mm+8mm, which is also because the wrong gap is cut.
006.jpg 007.jpg

Attachments

• QQ图片20240515170119_看图王.jpg
    QQ图片20240515170119_看图王.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 6
  • QQ图片20240515170336_看图王.jpg
    QQ图片20240515170336_看图王.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 6

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
It would fit my tool post! I've just acquired materials to make a bunch of my own. Several other members have 100mm spacing Dixon tool posts.

a smile

Premium Member
It would fit my tool post! I've just acquired materials to make a bunch of my own. Several other members have 100mm spacing Dixon tool posts.
Look forward to seeing your production process! You must already have the over-mapping drawings, is it convenient to send a copy to me, and we can check the size data with each other! If convenient ------ what is your estimated cost?

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
You must already have the over-mapping drawings

I haven't drawn up anything, yet. But this is a great excuse to do so.

what is your estimated cost?
I got all my raw stock at auction for pennies a pound. It isn't a fair way to estimate costs, I would guess. I expect to use up about 100$ worth of cutting edges making 10 holders - 4140 is a little hard on milling cutters.. The incidental hardware will come to about 8$ per holder. So final cost will be around 18$ and about 3 hours per holder

a smile

Premium Member
I haven't drawn up anything, yet. But this is a great excuse to do so.

I got all my raw stock at auction for pennies a pound. It isn't a fair way to estimate costs, I would guess. I expect to use up about 100$ worth of cutting edges making 10 holders - 4140 is a little hard on milling cutters.. The incidental hardware will come to about 8$ per holder. So final cost will be around 18$ and about 3 hours per holder
Is there any progress now?