• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tabletop metal shaper on Kijiji.

Everett

Super User
Looks like a pre-War Alba. Decent price if it's in good shape, I got mine for a hair less than that and needed to completely go through it. This one looks fairly complete. I like the table extension, might have to make one for mine.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Well it is in the back of John's truck in his front yard. Gonna offload it tomorrow.

An unexpected delight! the table has up/down as well as left/right power feeds. Photos to follow in the next couple of days.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
AFAIK all shapers have at least left-right feed - even manually powered shaper AFAIK has advancement mechanism build in. The down /up feed is probably an extra that is excluded on some shapers.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
The up/down feed has to be designed in at the outset. when I get to taking pictures, you'll see. It is very rare in shapers: I've only seen one other and I've seen hundreds. (yes, hundreds - I've aleays been in love with them since I used my first one 50 years ago)...

johnnielsen

John (Makonjohn)
Premium Member
John (Dabbler) and I offloaded the shaper and mounted it on it's stand today. Here are some pictures of our new toy.

Attachments

• Shaper 1.jpg
    Shaper 1.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Shaper 2.jpg
    Shaper 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Shaper 3.jpg
    Shaper 3.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Shaper 4.jpg
    Shaper 4.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Shaper 5.jpg
    Shaper 5.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 0

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
we don't know the make... yet. the stroke seems to be 10" max... When I was taught to use them in High School (1000 years ago), I was told to use the middle 75% of the stroke to prevent wear on the yoke - but I think even wear is preferable.

-- there is 9" of adjustment on the ram.