• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Syil 4 Gremlins

Crosche

Super User
Yesterday my CNC started to drift in the X axis and basically created a "stepped" effect to the part I was cutting. Then when commanded to return to the zero position, the cutter was off the mark by about 1/32". I checked to make sure that the coupling wasn't slipping; which it isn't so today, I was planning to re calibrate the X axis and noticed that although Mach3 indicated the the cutter moved 2" the encoder readout on the servo motor in Mach3 stated the cutter moved 2.024", so I am not sure what is going on. Firstly, I am not sure why the machine would have lost calibration in the first place and secondly I don't understand why only the X axis is being problematic. Anyone have any thoughts?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I’ve noticed bizarre readings when the pulley was slipping, not the belt but the screw holding the hub in place. Maybe?

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I don't know if your machine has steppers or servos. My syil AEX250 will miss a step or two on a long production run but it is minor and it also always cuts the part oversize so I can deal with that.