• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Super Heavy Duty Welding Table with Large vase and Clamps, $400, Calgary, AB

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
351bfb60-dae9-498b-ad64-9b4f56476c8f

Ironman

Ultra Member
Rather paltry piece of 3/8 plate. Will have heat warping issues if anyone is using a rosebud nearby.
My welding table is 4 X 8 X 1" and that's Heavy Duty:p But mine has more clutter on it (sigh)

Stuart Samuel

Premium Member
I helped a friend with some fab work at a shop near her, a while back. (Aluminum ostrich leg stilts for a busker, of all things)

I got to meet the owners of the shop later, but I already knew one of them a little from seeing his workbench. Massively heavy cast iron welding table, not huge, maybe 48” x 24” deep, but heavy. Blanchard ground, with two big LED panels over it, for excellent lighting. And a Miller Dynasty 700 sitting next to it.

I was so tremendously jealous, and also impressed.

Ironman

Ultra Member
I helped a friend with some fab work at a shop near her, a while back. (Aluminum ostrich leg stilts for a busker, of all things)

I got to meet the owners of the shop later, but I already knew one of them a little from seeing his workbench. Massively heavy cast iron welding table, not huge, maybe 48” x 24” deep, but heavy. Blanchard ground, with two big LED panels over it, for excellent lighting. And a Miller Dynasty 700 sitting next to it.

I was so tremendously jealous, and also impressed.
Cast iron is the ultimate dream table, easy to clean the berries and does not warp.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Have a buddy who has one made from an old cast iron door. Gotta be at least 3" thick. He loves it.
I wonder where a 3" cast iron door is ever needed? Maybe a bank vault or a room of explosive gasses? Now come to think of it, such a door would have been very suitable for our family bathroom when I grew up.

jorogi

I wonder where a 3" cast iron door is ever needed? Maybe a bank vault or a room of explosive gasses? Now come to think of it, such a door would have been very suitable for our family bathroom when I grew up.
Crikey I hate to think of how bad those explosive gasses in your bathroom must of been.