Sunnen Hone - Toronto -$200

Rauce

Ultra Member
Looks like a good deal if you have a use for a machine like this.

Attachments

• C47374BE-4D7B-4B68-876B-46E40D9F62B1.png
    C47374BE-4D7B-4B68-876B-46E40D9F62B1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yeah I seen them before - few hundred for the machine and a bunch of hones.

Problem is that you actually need some use for it.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
If you care about round and straight bores you have a need for it. They are friggin awesome, that machine would hone a foot long bore to 10th and its a later model. Top 10 deals so far this year. Contraption is the best description, but I don't know that there is a better way to get an accurate, straight round bore.

The only thing negative is each mandrel only covers a very small size range, and they are expensive.

Here's mine doing a tailstock bore. Older model, works the same, but no indicator so you have get used to how much its going to remove. Not really an issue as SOP for custom stuff is turn/grind the mate to suit the bore.

Stand is home made, custom to fit over top of the phase converter

DSC_9519-1300x1941.JPG

20190119_130541-1300x631.jpg

20190309_141748-1300x974.jpg

Last edited:

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
If you care about round and straight bores you have need for it. They are friggin awesome, that machine would hone a foot long bore to 10th and its a later model. Top 10 deals so far this year. I don't know that there is better to get an accurate, straight round bore.

The only thing negative is each mandrel only covers a very small size range.

Here's mine doing a tailstock bore. Older model, works the same, but no indicator so you have get used to how much its going to remove. Not really an issue as SOP for custom stuff is turn/grind the mate to suit the bore.

Stand is home made, custom to fit overtop of the phase converter

View attachment 34369
now you're talking me back into it...

time to fly this deal past debbie doppler.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Already sent the guy a message saying I'll take it. You posted it, so if you want it, I'll back off.

Could use it at the plant, but it'll be an expensive pita collecting mandrels. I've seen older ones like mine for a few grand with a cupboard full of mandrels.....I keep think I should just buy the thing, grab the stash of mandrels and walk away from the machine lol

As for Debbie.....haven't you learned? Far easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :D. You should see my place, and I'm still alive and intact.

Last edited:

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Already sent the guy a message saying I'll take it. You posted it, so if you want it, I'll back off.

Could use it at the plant, but it'll be an expensive pita collecting mandrels. I've seen older ones like mine for a few grand with a cupboard full of mandrels.....I keep think I should just buy the thing, grab the stash of mandrels and walk away from the machine lol

As for Debbie.....haven't you learned? Far easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :D. You should see my place, and I'm still alive and intact.
It is yours.

I had told him I was interested, but I dont want to hunt for mandrels or fight my wife or brother's GF to be allowed to keep it

ps you don't know debbie.

I am saving the next battles for a small T&C grinder and maybe a small EDM

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
you're right, he just removed it, but was there at 1500 a minute ago.

edit: weirdness. Still comes for me when I enter marketplace, but in our conversation its footnoted now as "he removed the ad". Its not cached, browser refreshed. Doesn't come up if you search Sunnen. Seach SCMI (another of his listings), click his name, and there it is for 1500.

Last edited:

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
you're right, he just removed it, but was there at 1500 a minute ago.

edit: weirdness. Still comes for me when I enter marketplace, but in our conversation its footnoted now as "he removed the ad". Its not cached, browser refreshed. Doesn't come up if you search Sunnen. Seach SCMI (another of his listings), click his name, and there it is for 1500.
Aman has it relisted. Now miraculously it also has accessories that the seller previously said it did not have. Maybe you should try again @Mcgyver

1684015418671.png

335926860_9232033933534603_7887699429484063289_n.jpg

345735843_6385926718097030_5562034197017638398_n.jpg

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Talkative fellow isn't he?

Life's too short to waste on flakes like that and I'm not really in the market. Didn't wake up needing one...but for 200 would tuck it in a corner of the plant, a price induced buy.