STOP abandoning pets in Rouge National Park near me...

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
So all during covid people have been dumping their pets along with the pets toys and beds in the national park... where they are dying, wandering off to get eaten by coyotes, and IF they're really lucky found and taken to a shelter. but even then they may end up euthanized due to injuries and illnesses contracted in the wilds.

I have some choice words for such people... ya'll know you can just surrender your pets to the humane society no questions asked right ?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You might get a bit more compliance to your issue if you post on a more geographically and topic relevant forum.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
You might get a bit more compliance to your issue if you post on a more geographically and topic relevant forum.
This issue is in the news daily and the please of municipalities which Rouge National Urban park lies within have been met with deaf ears, so there is nothing I can do beyond what they are... so I was just ranting and venting so I dont blow a gasket

This issue is in the news daily and the please of municipalities which Rouge National Urban park lies within have been met with deaf ears, so there is nothing I can do beyond what they are... so I was just ranting and venting so I dont blow a gasket
I often feel the same way about the people who dump their unwanted cats by my house..... They are becoming a real problem with the ecosystems on the edge of many if not all urban areas.......

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I live on a somewhat dead end country road. Have had a few dumped dogs, and cats show up over the years. Would love to be home when it happens, but of course the chicken shits, don't do it during the day. We took one of the cats in at the start of the pandemic. Next dog that shows up we're keeping too. Our life has been too busy for a dog the past years, but it's changing.

This is Kenny (Rodgers). He gambled on our house, and won.
mzUeLNAl.jpg

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I often feel the same way about the people who dump their unwanted cats by my house..... They are becoming a real problem with the ecosystems on the edge of many if not all urban areas.......
Toronto had just started to see population declines from their program of spaying and neutering feral cats.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I live on a somewhat dead end country road. Have had a few dumped dogs, and cats show up over the years. Would love to be home when it happens, but of course the chicken shits, don't do it during the day. We took one of the cats in at the start of the pandemic. Next dog that shows up we're keeping too. Our life has been too busy for a dog the past years, but it's changing.

This is Kenny (Rodgers). He gambled on our house, and won.
mzUeLNAl.jpg
ah lucky kitty.

I wish I could have more pets