• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Stony Plain AB, Pioneer Museum

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Placeholder in case I receive some more pictures of event.

I decided to meet up with some Edmonton area buddies (AMEN group) on Sep-24. I had to do some cramming to get the radial assembled, build a makeshift display stand, throw some pics on my laptop etc. Unfortunately I didn't get to walk around much myself but its kind of a cool place. Aside from the 'pioneer days' type buildings & displays, they had some (full size) stationary engines going & other 'mechanical' things of interest. Initially I arrived at the wrong building & there was a big (unrelated) antique car swap meet going on. Even the parking lot had a gaggle of cool old cars & trucks. Dang, I would have liked to walk around there too. I really need to get out more often.

Anyways, here is my 5-cylinder to date. Working on the ignition system & myriad of other details, but its inching along.

Also included some pics I snapped of a 1/4sc Continental C85 work in progress by Dave Pape. He is in the big boy league. Made his own castings, sheet metal press work, assembled CNC capability for all those fiddly parts...

Attachments

• IMG_1450_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1450_edited-1.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1451_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1451_edited-1.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4875_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_4875_edited-1.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4888_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_4888_edited-1.jpg