Steel bonding without welding

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
I have a dirt bike part image.jpg it’s not supposed to slip but it does image.jpg pretty sure it’s hardened and I cannot get a new one for 2 months (back order) some after market ones have a key way, I am looking for recommendations on a way to secure them without it taking forever, locktite? Does it work under heat in an oil bath? Can a solder? What type of solder? Braze? Anyone have some appropriate brazing rod kicking around? Season is almost over and I’m not ready to store my better half quite yet.

TheLocalDrunk

Bearing locktite is magical stuff.
Needs to be a super tight fit though.
I have a barrel on a race 22 that is held in place with that stuff. Heat and vibrations from that have not shook it loose yet.

TheLocalDrunk

Retaining compound which is typically used for holding gears and sprockets onto gearbox shafts and rotors on electric motor shafts.
LOCTITE® 648 is a green, fluorescent, low viscosity, high strength, urethane methacrylate acrylic, anaerobic retaining compound designed for bonding cylindrical fitting parts. It prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. Typical applications include holding gears and sprockets onto gearbox shafts and rotors on electric motor shafts. It provides robust curing performance.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Retaining compound which is typically used for holding gears and sprockets onto gearbox shafts and rotors on electric motor shafts.
LOCTITE® 648 is a green, fluorescent, low viscosity, high strength, urethane methacrylate acrylic, anaerobic retaining compound designed for bonding cylindrical fitting parts. It prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. Typical applications include holding gears and sprockets onto gearbox shafts and rotors on electric motor shafts. It provides robust curing performance.
Have you got a drop to spare? It does come apart and is a press fit image.jpg

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
I went to gregg’s And picked up some loctite 603 it’s anaerobic and for use in oiled applications. So I’ll be putting it through a pretty good test with this part. And if the bond should fail I’m no worse off than I was and no catastrophic failures are anticipated image.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I went to gregg’s And picked up some loctite 603 it’s anaerobic and for use in oiled applications. So I’ll be putting it through a pretty good test with this part. And if the bond should fail I’m no worse off than I was and no catastrophic failures are anticipatedView attachment 6099
It looks like you have a photography talent as well!

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Well so far it appears to be working, has not started the bike yet but my battery is no good so it tries but it does not appear to be spinning anymore