• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Stay safe

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Ain't nobody drivin anywhere to pickup a mill or a lathe tonight. Or tomorrow.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Touch icey out your way is it? Nice time to stay home and play in the shop.
Couldn't see the ice even if it was there. Literally zero visibility right now. I just went out to the kennel to lock the dogs in and if there wasn't a well worn path in the snow I'd have had no idea where I was going, even with the flashlight. At least it's not 30 below as well. Lots of people spending the night on the side of the road in their cars tonight but at -6, they should be fine if they stay in the car, It's when you leave that the wheels come off.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Couldn't see the ice even if it was there. Literally zero visibility right now. I just went out to the kennel to lock the dogs in and if there wasn't a well worn path in the snow I'd have had no idea where I was going, even with the flashlight. At least it's not 30 below as well. Lots of people spending the night on the side of the road in their cars tonight but at -6, they should be fine if they stay in the car, It's when you leave that the wheels come off.

When I worked on the arctic drilling rigs they had a life line rigged from the camp door to the rig door and those rigs were lit up like a Christmas tree, that's how bad it got LOL.... Weather reports were easy zero zero.

Go hide in the shop and find something to do with that nice mill you have....... mind your fingers....

Last edited:

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Did you see my pics of getting the 10ee home during a snowstorm? When it comes time for new toys, bad weather...ain't nobody got time for that...

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Did you see my pics of getting the 10ee home during a snowstorm? When it comes time for new toys, bad weather...ain't nobody got time for that...
There's inconvenient weather, and then there's go outside and die weather. Local RCMP have sent out alerts that if you need assistance with fire, ambulance or police tonight, it is NOT coming.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
It's 3am and i just got in from checking the heifers, 6 are due to calve soon. Snow has stopped but a nasty cold wind is still blowing. Going to be a fun morning of moving snow and bedding the main herd after that crap yesterday. Visibility was 4 to 6 ft in the yard where it's protected by 3 rows of mighty caraganas.:)