Sovol SV06

slow-poke

Ultra Member
David,

Price seems quite good. To my untrained eye, looks a lot like a Prusa i3 MK 2ish.

I have a Prusa, IIRC you also have a Prusa?

How does the print quality compare?

Does it have self levelling?

How is the software ( I find the Prusa slicer very intuitive and extremely easy to use)

If my Prusa stops working I will order something to replace it the same day.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Keep us updated as you get on with it. As much as I want to build a voron type corexy as my next printer, I'd love to just buy one of these to fill the gap until I get around to it......My little Kingroon side arm works great, it's just small. I loathe turning my antiquated Anet a6 on for anything that wont fit on the kingroon anymore.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
David,

Price seems quite good. To my untrained eye, looks a lot like a Prusa i3 MK 2ish.

I have a Prusa, IIRC you also have a Prusa?

How does the print quality compare?

Does it have self levelling?

How is the software ( I find the Prusa slicer very intuitive and extremely easy to use)

If my Prusa stops working I will order something to replace it the same day.
I paid $189 USD delivered (ordered at 10 pm Friday, delivered yesterday) which I thought was a decent deal for bed slinger with direct drive extruder, dual Z motors and auto bed leveling. There's also a factory upgrade to Klipper for $99USD which I'll likely do at some point in the future.

I don't have a Prusa, I have an Ender3v2 to which I added a BLTouch bed leveling system and upgraded bed springs. It's been good but it's also been a total pain in the behind to tune and keep in tune.
Print quality from the SV06 is a significant improvement over my Ender.
IMG_0784.jpeg
It is definitely dubbed as a Prusa clone. In fact I've watched several videos where folks use the Prusa profile in Prusa slicr and just modify a couple of parameters and achieve excellent results.

Last edited:

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
The klipper controlled one is what has me interested. Supposed to be a significant improvement in print quality and time.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
A small hint... I put the printer in my cart on the Sovol site and let it sit while I thought about it. An hour or so later they sent me an email giving me 10% off. So I entered the code and got the 10% off :)

I call this reverse trolling. I've saved a LOT OF MONEY that way over the years!

If the creeps are gunna watch me, I might as well take advantage of it!

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
A small hint... I put the printer in my cart on the Sovol site and let it sit while I thought about it. An hour or so later they sent me an email giving me 10% off. So I entered the code and got the 10% off :)

Ha ya I've done this before, not on purpose...put something in the cart....eh maybe not...day or two later you get an email with x% off, good deal !

I've got my eye on one of those flsun v400 deltas....I think it would look cool in the corner of the living room, maybe when the money tree starts being fruitfull again

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've got my eye on one of those flsun v400 deltas....I think it would look cool in the corner of the living room, maybe when the money tree starts being fruitfull again

That would NEVER fly in my house. I'd end up with the compact version stuffed between my back side cheeks.

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
ahh per volume my wife likely uses as much, maybe more pla than i do! she finds some kind of art project on thing verse, a little pot, or something to paint, then she wants like 8 of them so she can paint them and give to her friends

her first project she had me help her do was to print out the vertebrae in her neck that were broken, add the various hardware and mount on a little pedestal. That ended up on her desk at work, co workers saw it ( or she showed it off), the whole thing turned into an art program at ?foot hills? hospital, she ended up with a bunch of credit for helping create the program......Worked out pretty good for her, so she is ok with the whole 3d printing deal

anyways, there is a short article about the program, as far as i know the program is still running and its quite popular

*Edit; that is not my wife in the article, just some random patient they used

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I bought my Ender 3v2 so I could print all the stuff to build my PrintNC router. I ended up printing two more sets of parts for other local folks who wanted to build one but didn't want to buy a printer. I also used it to print all the bits for my K40 laser conversion.
I'm planning a small CNC plasma build that will use 3D printed parts but it's in the napkin stage.
Honestly, now that I have a printer that just works all the time will be a game changer.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
The improvement over my Ender is significant. I'm very happy with the quality. Especially since a Prusa is basically a $1000 new.