(Craig)
Premium Member

South Bend 9" long bed lathe, complete. - $3,200 (Port Moody)​

00S0S_1xnJFr3ghXjz_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_iB5mjnvtJN3z_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

00w0w_liXkD3WOwrgz_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

curmudgeon

(Steve)
I contacted the seller a couple days ago asking if it could be seen running. His response,
It’s setup as in the photos. Motor can be run but not attached to the lathe as that will require a cabinet/table.

I see that the listing is now marked as SOLD - good luck if someone here bought it

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
If one of us did, I hope they did a thorough check. Any repaint lathe has to be suspect. Pricey even with the tooling.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
We sold Bert's SB9A for 1700$, better equipped, with taper attachment, mounted on the table, well cared for, all in at 1700$. Things have gone up since then, but I'm not sure they've gone up that much...

His was listed on this forum for 5 months before someone bit. Whoever bought it seems not to be a forum member, I had some additional serial matched stuff for it, and was going to give it to them. No one answered. I eventually sold the milling adapter (serial matched) to DavidR8, and gave the rest away.

If one of us did, I hope they did a thorough check. Any repaint lathe has to be suspect. Pricey even with the tooling.
It looks like they converted a "B" into an "A" by using a hercus gear box. I am not a big fan of repaints either, but as these lathes get older, very few "princesses" seem to show up and are crazy expensive when they do. Parts are easy to source as long as the bed is decent. I think I have enough spare parts here to keep a few running for another 100 years or so.