• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

South bend lathe model a $900

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
that is interesting..... wonder where they even found that big of a nut

900 is pretty steep for what there, if some ones looking at it probably want to fight him down quite a bit

Also missing the drive unit. If the bed is in good shape it might make a good foundation for a machine but the missing parts could be very dear.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

d4fc533b-3d46-43ec-9c64-e390d5dfb5ae

1cb6c2b8-af0b-4f36-927b-2bc60e93190e

JustaDB

Ultra Member
that is interesting..... wonder where they even found that big of a nut

900 is pretty steep for what there, if some ones looking at it probably want to fight him down quite a bit
Looking at that nut, it looks like one that I machined into a spindle thread protector. 1-1/2" structural nut. Only one I could find that was 8 TPI. Agreed on the price. There's value there, just not that much.

...... And, it's gone., LoL.

I'm really not going to feel guilty when I list mine with no motor etc., at least I will know that it works and be able to demonstrate such.