• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Sophia lathe - $2400

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
It might not be a bad deal but I would be nervous of a lathe that wasn't up and running and showed obvious signs of neglect. That may just be me be overly cautious and might be one of the reasons I don’t end up with many good deals.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
If I weren't fully stocked up on lathes I'd sure be taking a look.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
If I weren't fully stocked up on lathes I'd sure be taking a look.
Well it makes more sense to stock up on an item as scarce as a good used lathe as it does on stocking up on toilet paper that has no reason to be scarce. At least in my world. Go for it. LOL

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
You know you want it Frank ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

francist

Super User
No, no I don’t :). I’d never get it in the shop let alone power it. Found the listing, still up just listed in Hobbies and Collectibles rather than tools.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
With all my new found space I could make it fit.
Must.
Resist.
The.
Pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I say its a bit of a high price for a lathe that has been sitting around for 7 years (!) and cannot be even run (!) with showing of rather large amounts of rust all over the place. It depends on how much extras actually come with it - I see small chuck and 3 live centers in the picture not mentioned in the ad.