• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Snap on tap and die set

Tom O

Ultra Member
It shouldn’t matter, with Craftsman it didn’t matter Sears in Victoria had a old ratchet on display that was turned in and exchanged.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
They don't warranty the Blue Point tools they sell, had a Blue Point air ratchet that needed repair w=and the local rep said no warranty.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Half off is expensive? It’s almost as much as a 50% saving :p

The fancy red case is guaranteed $100 I’d bet, if you could even buy it separate

Crankit

Snap-on occasionally asks for an original receipt of purchase to get warranty, good tools but warranty isn't as great as it used to be.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
If you can get a set, they are awesome. All the way to 5/8” nc dies and 9/16” on the taps.

What ARE thread files for or how ya use them?

These are used to clean up the threads - they are 8 thread sizes per file - 4 on each end and 1 per side. You just move them accorss the threads - or so I am guessing. I have 1 such file.

BTW, my re-threading set is being flipped for $50 more - $130 on FaceBook.