YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
bd6b0527-b58c-4425-b976-39f37557c0c1

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Jeebus! Really?

I have not bothered to stay caught up on the 3-in1 (friends don't let friends buy a 3-in-1) units, but that seems to not be that good a buy!
How many of these overpriced machines are for sale by people who use them vs their estates? I know my lovely wife would have no idea what to sell my kit for. Fortunately I have a good friend who is more knowledgeable to my executor, should the inevitable happen too soon.

trevj

Ultra Member
How many of these overpriced machines are for sale by people who use them vs their estates? I know my lovely wife would have no idea what to sell my kit for. Fortunately I have a good friend who is more knowledgeable to my executor, should the inevitable happen too soon.
On the subject of wives...

My ex figures my half clapped out Myford is worth $8K, and my CNC mill (been in storage for 10+ years, without seeing power), is worth $20K. Y'know, because she saw it on the interwebs!

We can safely say that a 50 year old Myford (nowhere NEAR as nice looking as the ML7-R, in Rocky Mountain House)is NOT worth that, and a much better mill than mine, just sold on CADC, for $510.00...

Proxule

Ultra Member
Leave a person in your will who knows what your shop equipment are worth and you trust him / her?
Or make a list and update it on a yearly basis in case you pass suddenly?

I have pondered this idea several times, As accidents in life do happen. ( like that mexio shooting not long ago )
hmmm.....