• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Six Kayak Stand

Brent H

Ultra Member
So my neighbour wanted a kayak stand for 6 kayaks that he can use in his storage barn. He wanted it ballistic and it will be mounted to some six by six beams or maybe bolted to the floor. Anyway, more welding fun amongst building shelves for my wife’s closet. (LOL)

25396FA6-8D96-48B3-AEE7-7085ABBCBE09.jpeg
3626D0C6-74F3-49AF-90B7-FB112A92BE46.jpeg
D1AF1BCF-1618-41FE-B2A2-806952EF73B1.jpeg
The frame is 2x2 x 1/8” with 3/4x3/4 x 1/8 kayak supports. They are at a 10° angle and spaced 18” apart. The stand ends are 6 feet apart. The holes in the table and some 3/4” pegs work well for the set up.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
What model john Deere w/backhoe is that sticking out in the pic? (Nice stand!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Mmmm..interesting project Brent. I need something similar at camp (the "Cottage" for you southerners...;)) and I have been focused on wood. But maybe I could do something in metal. And get rid of some of my stock at the same time! Thank you for posting this!

When I looked again, I see this one is bolted to something. Mine needs to sit on the ground or I need to sink a center post.

But still gives me something to think about.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@ShawnR - thanks! If you need more info let me know. My neighbour picks it up tomorrow. The arms are 33” long and are going to be trimmed by the owner. They will be covered with some soft hose that is the correct ID.
@kevin.decelles : my tractor is a 2305 and I have the bucket and 260 Backhoe attachment. I have a smaller 332 diesel that cuts the grass and snow blows

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
@ShawnR - thanks! If you need more info let me know. My neighbour picks it up tomorrow. The arms are 33” long and are going to be trimmed by the owner. They will be covered with some soft hose that is the correct ID.
@kevin.decelles

Thanks Brent but mine will actually be a couple of canoes, and a couple of kayaks, and maybe a paddle board if I get motivated to research one. So basically, will be similar, ...but different. ..o_O

All good!

Cheers,

Shawno