• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Side of the road exhaust fan

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
7B143613-9243-4D82-BE39-3686147D9D33.jpeg 5188C659-5697-4768-AEA9-FFFE02639526.jpeg EFFEF149-78C5-4FC1-83F3-EF1C7975EAA5.jpeg
So it’s actually a sawdust collector....but I don’t see why I can’t use this as a shop exhaust fan. It’s backwards to what I want, it sucks air in through the 6” port and blows it out the larger 14” port. But I think that’s fixable. Cut off the 14” side and attach a 6” ring.

It looks like I should be able to unbolt it from the cart and mount it to the wall somewhere. Push button on and off switch, 120V plug in cord, what’s not to like? Oh and Made in Canada, too

$20. Yessir, I do believe that’s a deal. A cart with 4 good casters, and hopefully a good shop exhaust fan for $20. Some times you get lucky driving around ;)

trlvn

Ultra Member
Those Kraemer units are industrial quality machines. New, I think that unit is $1,500 or $2,000! I got a used one 5 or 6 years ago with a cabinet table saw. Found the attached brochure at that time. They're made to suck chips and sawdust--high volume and high velocity. I suppose it could work as an exhaust fan but I think such fans are typically medium volume and low velocity?

You might be able to sell the Kraemer to a woodworker for $150 or more?

Craig

Attachments

• Kraemer S1 series dust collector.pdf
    133.7 KB · Views: 0

Chicken lights

Those Kraemer units are industrial quality machines. New, I think that unit is $1,500 or $2,000! I got a used one 5 or 6 years ago with a cabinet table saw. Found the attached brochure at that time. They're made to suck chips and sawdust--high volume and high velocity. I suppose it could work as an exhaust fan but I think such fans are typically medium volume and low velocity?

You might be able to sell the Kraemer to a woodworker for $150 or more?

Craig
That thought crossed my mind before I start hacking this up. It might be worth something to someone who actually needs it for what it is.

I will look into shop exhaust fans and see what kind of volume and velocity they typically are
Thanks

historicalarms

Ultra Member
A lot of bullet casters would give their left "octagon" for something like that to clear lead contamination from their environment ....wouldn't they YYC.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
A lot of bullet casters would give their left "octagon" for something like that to clear lead contamination from their environment ....wouldn't they YYC.

I ain't got the room for anything that big! It would certainly do the job though:)

Chicken lights

E1C9BF84-AD79-4168-9030-93A6A060785B.jpeg
This thing is pretty basic. It’s also drilled the same on both sides so I can orient the exhaust side either direction

I’m not sure if I just want to install a louvre in the wall or actually plumb a 6” line to a 6” dryer vent style louvre