• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Shoe Box For Tin Man

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Well, not really, but it looks like it.

Just more progress on my RC Lawnmower. This time the 18 gauge container for the electronics. It has to be thick as it goes at the front of the mower and may see some tree action.

I love box and pan work.

tinman1.jpg tinman2.jpg tinman3.jpg tinman5.jpg tinman6.jpg barti5.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
PNEUMATIC corner notcher, cool! I didn't know they made such a thing. I know somebody that has a manual notcher and I drool over that! Sure makes for nice corners! Lucky tin man.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
They actually make a hydraulic one too. I barely snuck this one in the garage w/o the wife finding out ;)

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Welded. If it's 16 gauge or thicker I TIG them. But this was 18 gauge, and I'm not as good with a TIG as I used to be. So lots of stick out, and just go slow and stitch them together. A few passes on the belt sander and wire brush, and I'm done. Lots of fun.

I wanted to use a copper corner and then solid rivet them as I like that look; but it really didn't fit the design of the unit...it's better suited for steampunk kind of stuff.

box1.jpg box2.jpg

sanderzTM

Welded. If it's 16 gauge or thicker I TIG them. But this was 18 gauge, and I'm not as good with a TIG as I used to be. So lots of stick out, and just go slow and stitch them together. A few passes on the belt sander and wire brush, and I'm done. Lots of fun.

Maybe you gonna polish it? :)