• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Shipping...again...

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I've been tooling up my wood lathe.
Bought chuck, live centres, CBN wheels and various other bits and bobs. None of it lightweight stuff. Over $100 and shipping has been free from Lee Valley (ON), Busy Bee (ON), Woodchuckers (ON), and Woodworkers Specialties (BC). I expect only Lee Valley comes close to KMS in terms of sales volumes.

Today I get a $25 off coupon from KBC if I spend over $75. And they'd like to know why I haven't bought anything recently. Hmmm well your shipping prices are ridiculous.

Last edited:

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Today I get a $25 off coupon from KMS if I spend over $75
KMS or KBC?
I saw a couple of CBN wheels on FB this morning. Last time I bought from KBC I balked at the shipping and they dropped it to about $17. I'm waiting for my coupon to order a height gauge.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Whoops KBC I edited my post to reflect.
While we're on the subject. KMS only wanted $100 to ship the 350 lb lathe to my house from Vancouver.
Yup saw those wheels.. only 6"ers. I wanted 8"s

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member