• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

sheet of metal looking for a project/purpose

ttlrfrank

Located a reasonably thick sheet of stainless steel almost 2x2' and has very nicely made holes about every inch....nearly 400 1/2" holes in a square pattern

price is right and shame for it to go to waste...trying to think of a purpose or project to use it but coming up with a blank

Anyone ever layout something like this and if so, what did you use it for?

I used some 1/4 inch stainless for bbq grill plates. No holes in it but after it stress relieved and stopped curling up like a potato chip, it works like a charm.
Nothing sticks and easy to clean.
Maybe an outdoor firepit surround?

I have had a sheet of 16 gauge stainless, with a 2" lip bent down the long side, for over 20 years. I got it for free from a place I used to work because the bend is off buy the tiniest little bit. It has moved with me 3 or 4 times and still the only use I ever found for it was to lean it up along my back chain link fence as a privacy screen. Ok the privacy screen part just happened as a result of that being the chosen place to store it. It has been sitting there for 10 years. I would get rid of it but digging it out from the bushes seems like a lot of work.

Long story if you can't find any other use for it then use it for yard art :D

I have had a sheet of 16 gauge stainless, with a 2" lip bent down the long side, for over 20 years. I got it for free from a place I used to work because the bend is off buy the tiniest little bit. It has moved with me 3 or 4 times and still the only use I ever found for it was to lean it up along my back chain link fence as a privacy screen. Ok the privacy screen part just happened as a result of that being the chosen place to store it. It has been sitting there for 10 years. I would get rid of it but digging it out from the bushes seems like a lot of work.

We use something similar to line the deck inside cabinets under kitchen sinks. Makes for excellent cleaning and a very happy wife

Thread the holes and use it on the mill for a Tool Fixture Plate.
https://cdn-leign.nitrocdn.com/uZZE...content/uploads/2018/09/img_5b96c6ae9d5eb.png
- great idea..but I should have mentioned its only ~14ga thick material
Showing use of a small scale plate

good one!...and thats my fear, as well

Back