• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Shaper

I love the saying that you can make anything but money with a shaper. It's so much better than money. I think that's why they are so popular right now.

between his Cincinnati Shaper and Cincinnati Mill, if I hear Jason Marburger is leaving his shop unattended for more than a few days, I'm rolling in with a flatbed semi trailer and tow motor...

What the heck is a tow motor?
It is the kleenex of lift trucks

towmotor-forklift-training.png

These machines are amazing, but honestly I'm just glad to have the one I did manage to find. Even with all the work it took to get it basically running. There are still some modifications I want to make to it but considering most of the work I have planned for it is only a few inches in stroke the massive ones would be complete overkill.

But yes, if I had room, I'd totally love to throw Abom-size shrapnel across the shop too :)

one of the things that you rarely hear about a shaper, but is most impressive, is the finish. On cast iron especially, its a thing of beauty. They aren't all about hogging metal (a small mill can hog more with carbide). They are unique , for sure.

one of the things that you rarely hear about a shaper, but is most impressive, is the finish. On cast iron especially, its a thing of beauty. They aren't all about hogging metal (a small mill can hog more with carbide). They are unique , for sure.

Vertical mills are faster, but what makes shapers better is that they always run flat and true simply because of how they operate, best words to describe then slow, steady but sure.

Back