• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Servo Drives are locking up

Crosche

Super User
I am having a weird problem with my CNC mill. It is a Syil clone with a DMM breakout board, DNY2 servo drives and a UC100 parallel port adaptor with Mach3 software. The issue is that more often than not, when I start the machine and try to jog the table the servos won't move. The axis display in Mach3 indicates that the table is moving, but nothing. In order to get the servos to move I have to connect directly to the servo drives with my RS-232 cable and reset the drive parameters. Not sure what could be causing this problem.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Another possibility is that they are intended to be used with a battery backup.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
You're SYIL x4 clone has servos instead of steppers? Thats cool! My SYIL lathe has stepper motors so it is totally different, but I had a similar issue when I tried to increase the rapid movement speed. It seemed like because the motors couldn't physically move that fast they didn't move at all. You can press tab in Mach3 and adjust the Jog speed in this menu that pops up. Try jogging slowly to see if that makes a difference. You can also adjust the speed by clicking configure at the top, then motor tuning and selecting the motor you want to change

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 2