• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Selling my Lathe and tooling

Kelly McLaughlin

I'm retiring and closing my motorcycle component restoration shop, (www.tophrestorations.ca) Over the next while I will be posting my equipment here and Kijiji. Here First.

Lathe is a Standard Modern 13|34 Metric with taper attachment. It is set up for 220 single phase.
Comes with 2 3 jaw chucks 1 with outside jaws 1 with inside jaws, 8" 4 jaw Face plate, drive plate, Collet chuck and 5c collets from 1/8 to 1 1/8, dog live and dead centers 5/8 drill chuck, 1/4 drill chuck on a 1/2 inch arbour, traveling steady rest, stationary steady rest tail stock turret, 1 1/8 mt3 4 flute drill, 5/8 TCM tool holders and inserts for various materials Boring bars in several sizes all with a good supply of inserts Armstrong parting tool, Armstrong threading tool manuals, spare gears I bought from the college here that were said to be STD modern but I can't guarantee. Lathe is a good sturdy machine in nice shape, well looked after runs smooth I recently replaced the belt asking 6500.00

Attachments

• DSCF0878.JPG
    DSCF0878.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0879.JPG
    DSCF0879.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0880.JPG
    DSCF0880.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0881.JPG
    DSCF0881.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0882.JPG
    DSCF0882.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 37

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That's a very nice looking machine. Might even have been the 'target' my Taiwan 14x40 was loosely based on. What year was it made?

So 'Metric' I assume means the dials, metric pitch lead screw... the works?
Re your taper attachment, is it telescoping cross feed screw or how does the carriage disconnect from the main lead screw nut?
What is the chuck mount standard?
My friend told me about some that had come out of a tech school many moons ago now when the 'SI revolution' was in full swing. Sometimes they were beat but for whatever reason they were cherries & got snapped up quick. These days with inexpensive DRO, just don't look at the dials if it really bothers you :)

Kelly McLaughlin

HI Peter! Metric means the whole shebang! threads, dials and all, the threading dial has an unusual abc arrangement I'd not seen before but it works well, The Chuck is D1-4 I have to confess I know nothing about the taper attachment, I've never needed it and never studied out how it works, I remember reading the manual when I first got the machine and thinking it was simple enough but any tapers I needed I did on the cross feed as the stuff I work with tends to be quite small. From what the fellow I got it from said I believe it came from the college here and was indeed probably part of the Metric change over, as i recall the Fed has a bunch of money to help with that. It didn't get much use though as there is very little slack anywhere and I pulled the cover off the gearbox when I got it and it's like new inside.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
That’s the big sister to my 11/20. It will have a telescoping cross feed screw. I wish mine came with all those assessories.

Kelly McLaughlin

I guess I forgot the HP which is 1 1/2 and I checked this evening and I have a full set of STD change gears. Sorry for the oversite