Self introduction hello everybody!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome Jack! I'm a retired auto engineer. One of those guys the auto techs curse. They don't know that wall street is where the guys live that are really to blame.

If you are still in London, I'm just an hour West. My farm is on the north shore of Lake Erie south of Chatham. Always willing to help.

Enjoy the forum. Lots of great guys and fantastic knowledge on here.

Whiskey Jack

Welcome Jack! I'm a retired auto engineer. One of those guys the auto techs curse. They don't know that wall street is where the guys live that are really to blame.

If you are still in London, I'm just an hour West. My farm is on the north shore of Lake Erie south of Chatham. Always willing to help.

Enjoy the forum. Lots of great guys and fantastic knowledge on here.
Hey, great to meet you. Thanks for the comeback. You get no argument out of me about who’s to blame.

Whiskey Jack

Hey, thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I’m actually a little overwhelmed by the warm response. I think I’ll fit in just fine here so once again, thanks everybody.
When I purchase a lathe in the near future, I’ll definitely post what I purchased. You know lots of pictures.
i’ll be trying to fit this into my basement so it can’t be too large. I’ve already found the Forum helpful, I found a post about renting a stair climbing dolly. I had no idea these things existed so I’m glad I came.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Madhouse from Lillooet BC.
Basements are great, gravity is on your side, if you can safely harness it's power. Attic's would be a lousy place for a metal shop......:rolleyes:
Best piece of advice I can offer, is that if you mumble "that should be good enough" as you commence lowering your new purchase down the stairs, consider who you are trying to convince that it is. Only move forward when you can confidently say "that is good enough".......