• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Round 5C Collet Block

Incepi

I need a 5C collet holder 'block' that is round. Typically they are hexagonal or square. A machinist in the United Kingdom made one that is almost exactly what I need(see photo). The typical block is 2.75" long with a pin to prevent rotation. The round 'block' I need would have those features, but it would be 2.00" in diameter. Has anyone made something like this, or know where to purchase one? 5C Holder.jpg

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I need a 5C collet holder 'block' that is round. Typically they are hexagonal or square. A machinist in the United Kingdom made one that is almost exactly what I need(see photo). The typical block is 2.75" long with a pin to prevent rotation. The round 'block' I need would have those features, but it would be 2.00" in diameter. Has anyone made something like this, or know where to purchase one? View attachment 13933

I haven’t seen one but wouldn’t be difficult to make.
I have to ask the purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I made blocks out of square and heavy stock for holders of a different style of collet. Mine are not super accurate but making a round one shouldn't be that hard to make real accurate.