• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Rosseau cabinets.

Nice looking, heavy duty cabinet. Are you planning on replacing the casters with feet, or some high-end retractable casters?
Yes, I think I'll go with the adjustable caster feet, after a quick exterior refinish and epoxy treatment of the top. The sides & back will get some Lexan extensions for a chip shield, and I'll likely put a tray of some sorts to catch fluids between the mill and wood. It's sturdy, that's for certain.

I was going to tell the seller what it was, and what it was worth, but then she described her late father's stuff as "all his stupid junk she can't wait to dump". So I gave her $200 and promptly drove off with it, and found myself muttering to the inanimate toolbox "don't worry old friend, you're going home now".

Maybe I'm too sentimental, but this stuff is gold when you're starting out.

and found myself muttering to the inanimate toolbox "don't worry old friend, you're going home now".

I pray to God that all my old junk finds a good home when I turn the lights off for the last time. If there is a life after death, I won't care what it sells for and I'll be sure to watch over the shoulder of whoever gets it too.

Yes, I think I'll go with the adjustable caster feet, after a quick exterior refinish and epoxy treatment of the top. The sides & back will get some Lexan extensions for a chip shield, and I'll likely put a tray of some sorts to catch fluids between the mill and wood. It's sturdy, that's for certain.

I was going to tell the seller what it was, and what it was worth, but then she described her late father's stuff as "all his stupid junk she can't wait to dump". So I gave her $200 and promptly drove off with it, and found myself muttering to the inanimate toolbox "don't worry old friend, you're going home now".

Now that I'm back on my workstation, I found the thread I was thinking of about the casters:

https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/wtb-bench-mill.5151/post-79028

Boy, I’m super jealous! I had them quote a lower cabinet with drawers that were about 3” deep. It was roughly 10 times what you paid…
A few weeks back, five Lista 18 drawer custom cabinets, the nice 28x28x55" tall ones, sold for $700-850 each at auction. That would have been amazing. Each one had a few hundred of the red divider boxes in each. I think they were around $6800usd each new, according to the LISTA website configurator.

I've resigned to spending under 10% of new prices on every purchase moving forward, figure I'll save $50k on setting up shop. It's so hard sometimes, there was a Maximat Super 11 on FB a few days ago that I could have had for $900, but I've already got two lathes, lol.

Back