• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Rockwell Wood/Metal Bandsaw

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I got this 14inch Wood/Metal Bandsaw from my friends estate. It was probably built in the early 1970's and had been the subject of hard use and quick repairs. It has been out of production for some time and parts are hard to source. Motor bearings were noisy. Transmission bearings were shot as was one on the main shaft. The upper front and rear covers were sawn through. New parts, some welding and a rattle can paint job. It lives again. I built a dolly with two casters and two feet thinking I could wheel it around as needed. It's heavier than I thought so will add more casters.PXL_20220930_174332812.jpgPXL_20220930_174354647.jpg6672892430175669690.jpg8653989325793061293.jpg

As I noted in my post some of the bearings are hard to find. There is one on the main shaft that is grooved and has a snap ring. They are still being manufactured but no one seems to stock them. I had to buy a minimum of 4 to get the one I needed. In the Rockwell manual diagrams it is #158. Part # 920-04-020-5399. The industry number is 6006 2RS NR . If anyone is in need of one or wants to set one aside for a future rebuild I have spares. $20 ea would help cover my cost.

Last edited:
Back