• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Right angle milling heads and a big vernier

Six O Two

(Marco)
I'd placed an alert on Bidspotter for an Excello right angle milling head and I had two pop up on me right around the same time. I placed some bids and ended up winning both lots. The auctions were in the NE US, and I'm in western Canada, so by the time I paid auction fees, 3rd party picking and packing costs, exchange rates and taxes, they ended up being 3-4 times the hammer price, but that was still well below what I've seen them go for on ebay. And if I was going to be getting one lot at an auction, I might as well bid on a few others as well. Which is how I ended up with a nice German-made 26" vernier caliper. That one ended up being about the same price as a new import caliper of the same size, but it's got a lot more character. Or so I tell myself.

auction stuff 1.jpgauction stuff 4.jpgauction stuff 3.jpg

As for the right angle heads, I ended up with 2 Excello ones, and a Bridgeport one. I think the one shop was running the Excello head on a Bridgeport, as the bore was sleeved thinner. It's missing the r8 bit. Although that should be easy enough to fix using this post from @thestelster as a starting point. Also, someone must've gronked pretty hard on that one as there's a crack on the ear. Should be good after a bit of brazing.

auction stuff 6.jpgauction stuff 2.jpg

I only 'need' the one excello head, so the other two will likely end up in the classifieds at some point..

Back