• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

RIED Bros Vermont 618HA Surface Grinder- $375. Auction deal for CHMW members!

PatrickT

So lately I've scored some pretty good equipment, particularly this Surface Grinder. Unfortunately, I can't fit this in my shop with the footprint of the mill I'm trying to get, so I'd like to pass on my savings to someone here.

I grabbed this lovely 6X18 surface grinder at the J&J Tool auction last week, and have the invoice. It's currently installed at the facility in Windsor, but will be de-rigged next week. I won this for $50usd, to which a $200 rigging fee, plus HST applies. Let's call it $275 USD, or $375 CAD.

If anyone would like to have this for what I paid, it's yours, just meet me there next week when I pick up the rest of my stuff, and I'll have their pros load it into your truck/trailer.

Alternatively, I could make a second run down with my truck, and drop it off if you have a gantry or forklift to offload it at your shop, loosely between Windsor & Barrie, for an additional $350.

If there's no takers, she's going into my storage unit until the new shop is completed in the spring, but I've listed it on KIJIJI for $950 to recoup some other purchases.

This is a solid deal for anyone looking. If you search "Corporate assets J&J tool & mold auction listings lot 36" you should see the original add.

**I do have a couple mag tables available for another $50-100, all really nice units.

Attachments

• 618 Grinder.webp
    618 Grinder.webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 11.08.32 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 11.08.32 AM.webp
    111.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 11.08.50 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 11.08.50 AM.webp
    99.7 KB · Views: 28
Patrick,
Too far for me and I have one already anyway but all that aside I would like to commend you in your efforts to spread your good fortune with those of us in the community. Kudos man.

The surface grinder is safely ensconced in my friend Brian's shop awaiting the opportunity to swap it with the hydraulic surface grinder.

Other noteworthy news related to this sale, the grinder motor is 230/460V 3 phase. The transformer on the side is 600V to 480V so if anyone needs a smaller transformer in this voltage let me know, I'll give it away, (KVA to be determined)

There is also a 575v to 110v transformer I'll be stripping off the machine and will gladly give away.

So as a result of these findings our rotary phase converter and 240V to 575V transformer are no longer needed in our shop, nor is our very large hydraulic 8x24 surface grinder, it is too big for a two car garage.

If my friend Brian doesn't want to have this set-up in his shop for free for 6 months to learn how to use it then the package will be offered for sale to CHMW at a great price. Now how many people want to revise their opinion of whether excellent health or excess shop space is better? But I figure that he may decide he can't live without it soon. Who knows

Still health lol, Of course we could take time to clean out / organize our shops but the time over distance ratio is still too big.

Back