• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Quick beacon mods

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
FC97E206-57B0-4B47-8175-2AD3D15D0A78.jpeg
Except now they don’t fit in the storage box....part of the reason I bought the set was to get the case. D’oh!

Chicken lights

6DE30CB4-2EE2-4445-8E06-585A8438F4EE.jpeg 76679DCE-86E2-4A76-832B-633F3D03817E.jpeg

They fit in side by side fine but the foam didn’t fit worth a hill of beans.
2CFC7415-06BB-4D3B-A132-5C6F6408CD9E.jpeg

Took the bottom out of the case and used a paint marker to trace it onto the foam

Chicken lights

FA18CE1A-B012-4C8F-9134-D7DDDDB83058.jpeg
You can also use a bolt and a nut, then a wingnut, to hold things anywhere there is steel. I forget the rates pull but they’re pretty strong

Chicken lights

5CFA2A5A-8D4F-47DF-893A-F1093DC989BE.jpeg
I had a pair of these made up years ago to hold the flag on my front bumper. The only thing I wish I had done differently was to weld a small piece of rod on the head of the bolt, it’s mildly annoying to have to grab a wrench to loosen the bolt.

Speaking of...last trip I lost one of the 3/8” bolts...I need to look for another one.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I think this is a great idea. Good job. I never appreciated guys that work out of their trucks or park on the side of roads as overly dangerous. I'm embarrassed to say I didn't get how dangerous it can in fact be. But once I started snow blowing properties I got it—fast. A crazed soccer mom with her double-coconut-half-cafe-decafe-recafe-no-cafe-spiced-latte (with a twist of virgin forest Moroccan cinnamon) drove up on the boulevard and just missed me during a storm. Now it's full PPE for me and I am looking at a flashing light that can at least be swung out from under my tonneau cover so I am more visible.

But I'm liking your idea too...are those beacons bright??? Where did you get them?? The magnets look to be PA maybe?

Chicken lights

I think this is a great idea. Good job. I never appreciated guys that work out of their trucks or park on the side of roads as overly dangerous. I'm embarrassed to say I didn't get how dangerous it can in fact be. But once I started snow blowing properties I got it—fast. A crazed soccer mom with her double-coconut-half-cafe-decafe-recafe-no-cafe-spiced-latte (with a twist of virgin forest Moroccan cinnamon) drove up on the boulevard and just missed me during a storm. Now it's full PPE for me and I am looking at a flashing light that can at least be swung out from under my tonneau cover so I am more visible.

But I'm liking your idea too...are those beacons bright??? Where did you get them?? The magnets look to be PA maybe?
They are made by Foxfire, the first one was given to me, the second one was bought at a truck stop in Iowa, then the set of two reds and two ambers with the case was from Amazon

They are very bright, they have three settings, on, the whole thing blinks, or half and half alternate

I’m sure PA would have a similar magnet, I grabbed mine from amazon at the same time. The ones with the wing nuts came from a flatbed supply store

They have a pylon mount and a bunch of stuff more for traffic control