• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Question About Thread Milling

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
Hey all,

Recently I was watching a video on youtube and saw someone do some threadmilling on a CNC router and its got me curious. Has anyone ever tried this? I have been thinking about creating a fixture style of plate for my CNC router and i just want to sanity check that i am indeed not crazy by ordering a single point thread mill and trying this. Any and all tips and suggestions are appreciated!

Best,

alex

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I do allot of threadmilling. I would like to add it takes more rigidity to use a multi point thread mill than a single point. Tom is right a multi point is faster and makes a fully formed thread but, Tom has a very rigid machine.