• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

PTO Reverser

Ironman

Ultra Member
Had a job 3 years back to power this dirt mixer for a tree farmer. I had to use his 9hp Subaru motor, (to replace a 40hp 3 phase)which was not enough and I recommended he use a tractor pto. After a pile of work I was able to demonstrate to him that it would not work.
Then he started to suffer from depression so it sat here in the yard. Finally he thought a pto was a good idea, and bought a Kubota tractor for it. So as the machine needed to run counter to the PTO, I had to reverse the rotation, so I did.
It is a Marion mixer, weight about 5 ton, judging from when I lift it. Saturday I'll haul it to his place before it grows roots here.

Attachments

• DSC05826.JPG
    DSC05826.JPG
    879.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC05833.JPG
    DSC05833.JPG
    529.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC05836.JPG
    DSC05836.JPG
    815.9 KB · Views: 14
Back