• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

PSA Watch for Kijiji scams

djberta

Super User
Premium Member
We are currently selling several items from our move to Airdrie. My wife is selling a dress on FB market place. She had a woman say she would take it and pay with emt. We have auto deposit. We have done this dozens of time and no issues, other then people not showing to pick up. The lady contacts my wife an hour later and says have you got my emt, wife says no. The lady says ok I will check with my bank. Shortly my wife gets an email looking like it is right from RBC saying she has to log in to accept the emt. My wife says no way is she doing that. So she using her cell app logs in to RBC and see's nothing is there so she tells the lady this. My wife then gets another email saying she has to log in to accept the emt. Again completely wrong. So the wife says no she is not going to do that. The lady says that she is talking online trying to get the emt to go through then starts asking my wife questions like what bank is she with and such. Wife then hung up and blocked the lady. Please be aware that the scammers are willing to spend time talking to you. Never click on any email that is sent to you. Only log in to your banking info through secure means. We reported it to rbc.

Sorry it was FB market place. I was reading some of the kijiji scams listed here before posting.

Back